Second Grade Habitats
The second grade students will have their Habitat Projects on display the week of Nov. 25. Students chose a habitat in which they wanted to research and created a diorama model to represent that habitat. The students will present their projects to their classmates and give facts about what they have learned.
Students in second grade have been practicing their fluency by using whispermaphones. These cool gadgets allow students to hear themselves reading without disturbing their classmates.
Rockhill and Parkway Elementaries held a Thanksgiving Feast last week. The students performed songs, presented a reader’s theatre, shared their paper turkeys in disguise and told jokes. It was very nice to eat together as a “family.” We are thankful for so many things, but most of all for our health, each other and the ability to learn.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Dec. 5 - Parkway Winter Concert - 6:30 p.m.
- Dec. 10 - Hot Pots Night at Rockhill 6-8 p.m.
- Dec. 10 - Principal’s Cafe for parents - 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Dec. 11- Hot Pot’s Night at Parkway - 6-8 p.m.
- Dec. 11- Rockhill Winter Concert - 6:30 p.m.